Friday, November 19, 2010

Rasmes takes Power

   When Ramses father Seti I died in the year 1279 BC, Ramses was elevated to he throne with little conflict, because he was the king's son DUH! When Ramses took the throne he also took the throne name “Usermaatre Setepenre”, which means "The Justice of Re is powerful, chosen of Re." Almost immediately he continued the work of his father had begun on the temple and appointed Nebsenenef the high priest of the temple of Amon. This is where his obsession with build monuments and temples came into play. This guy was crazy about building stuff for his people to remember him. I just have one question, would you do the same thing if you were Ramses the Great?

1 comment:

  1. Thats a though provoking question. I mean if I was an all powerful Pharoah maybe one statue of me wouldn't hurt, but Ramses obviously went a bit overboard.

    ReplyDelete